In the first half of the year, the events due to the Corona pandemic came hard and fast, and
because of it, we did not have an official Newsletter announcing events. We apologize for
Since the Corona pandemic continues to grip the world tightly, all areas of social life around
the world have been affected.
The disease has brought much suffering among us, so it is important to take good care of
yourself, your relatives, friends and neighbours and to help each other. The most important
thing in these times is to stand together.
In many countries the dog sport has almost come to a standstill and has only recently been
possible again to a limited extent.
We have never stopped working for you and our breed. We will continue to work hard to
bring news in this trying times.
Hosts for future events
The search for hosts is very difficult. We had to think about what we could change to
We have often been asked to postpone the date of the event, because especially in the
Nordic countries there are often very adverse weather conditions at the beginning of May.
Of course we have to take many factors into consideration, for example, it can be too hot in
other countries at a later date. Also the dates of other FCI events must be considered. There
is also the security for participants and spectators that has to be planned.
We have thought about all these things and have decided to offer the following procedure as
We indicate May as the period for the World Championship.
If you want to organize an event at a different time in May other than the first weekend, you
have to submit the written application to the WDSF board 1.5 years before the event.
Without a written application, we cannot grant an exemption.
Before we change the rules and regulations accordingly and give them to the members for a
vote, we would like to see if this proposal makes sense. Therefore this is declared as an
exclusive exemption for the time being.
Events in 2020
The WDSF World Cup Mondioring is still being planned. It will be organized in October by
our member club HV Eureka Bree.
We will publish the details soon.
But we would like to point out that nobody can foresee how the pandemic will develop.
Should regulations or gestures speak against such an event or should the danger for
handlers, visitors, helpers etc. be too great, we will of course have to take appropriate
It is highly recommended to inform yourself about the development on our Facebook page or
the event pages.
Of course we keep our fingers crossed that the World Cup can take place.
We would like to express our gratitude to the Eureka Bree AGM for being willing to take the
risk and organize this great event despite all adversities.
We hope that everyone remains healthy and we can meet again in October in Belgium.
The board of the WDSF